Breed: Great Pyrenees:
- The Pyrenean Mountain Dog has a splendid white coat
that is long, thick and coarse.
- This coat served it well when it was a guard dog of livestock
in the cold pastures of the Pyrenees.
- The Pyrenean also has a powerful body with a broad, level back.
- The tail is long and slightly curled up.
- The Great Pyrenees are between 27 and 32 inches high at the withers.
- They weigh between 100 and 125 pouncs.
- The Pyrenean Mountain Dog has a kindly expression and appears lethargic.
- But the Pyrenees is alert and quick-witted.
- They are gentle, obedient, and affectionate, but don't really
like living just indoors.
Source: The Reader's Digest Illustrated Book of Dogs,
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc., Pleasantville, New York, 1993,